6/27/2009

THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING



Speechless... Abstract news "...he's dead". I don't really know what to wrote exactly, don't want to post another cliché kitch comment about how an amazing artist he was, the way he changed the music industry, how he invented the videoclip and almost Mtv by the way, in other words, things the world allready know.



I do remember, when I was a kid (1990, I was 7...), first thing I was doing, just after trowing my bag through the livingroom of my parents' appartment when I was comin' back of school, was locking me up in my room, turn on my cassette player and try to reproduce precisely everyone of his moves, listening to the album BAD, having no idea that DANGEROUS will pop up the year after...




I'm into musical references stuff, beatmakin', diggin', and simply musical culture, not becase of him, but thanks to him for sure... I will not post the usual "Beat it, P.Y.T. , Wannabe startin' somethin', Bad, Thriller" selection. The followings are personal references, reminding me an event or a moment, no matter what kind of... That's probably what does his music to all of us. It's his, but ours as well...











That's what good music is about: being a personal mark trough moments of life. A reminder of a good or bad event. A friend, a place, a lost one, a victory, a beloved one, something or someone special... That's what Michael Jackson's music was about.



The man is gone, the music stays... Thanks mr. Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment